Academic English Programs
The Academic English Programs at Boston School of English are designed for advanced-level students who want to prepare for entry to an American university, to pursue an academic career, or simply to improve their general academic English. It is also recommended for those with a high level of English who are seeking challenging coursework that includes current topics in several academic fields.
The Intensive English program offers the foundation of the English language. The classes integrate reading, writing, listening, and speaking lessons in activities that improve the learners communicative skills and provide the continuing practice that will enhance the learners' ability to express themselves in English in a wide variety of situations. Students receive intensive classroom practice in real-life applications of the lessons.with the option of having 1 or 2 specialized classes.
Intensive English 24 ( 24 lessons per week/ 50 minute per lesson/ 20 hours).
Intensive English 26 ( 26 lessons per week/ 50 minute per lesson/ 22 hours).
The Super Intensive English Program is designed for professionals and serious academics who seek a highly effective English immersion program to enhance their professional credentials or to prepare for an academic career in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, or other English speaking countries. The classes integrate reading, writing, listening, and speaking lessons in activities that improve the learners communicative skills and provide the continuing practice that will enhance the learners' ability to express themselves in English in a wide variety of situations. Students receive intensive classroom practice in real-life applications of the lessons.with 2 specialized classes every day.
Super Intensive English 30 ( 30 lessons per week/ 50 minutes per lesson/ 25 hours).
Individualize Your Program
We offer our students in the Academic English Programs a diverse list of specialized courses that are skill oriented: Conversation, Speaking Drills, Pronunciation, TED, TOEFL and test Preparation, Verb Tenses, Chorus, Writing, Super Idioms, Drama, University Skills, Academic and Business Writing, Business Reading, Dictation, Grammar Review, and Prepositions to name a few.
- Students will critically read and analyze texts.
- Students will demonstrate basic competence in managing the writing process and producing effective written products including college essays and similar types of academic writing.
- Students will develop effective speaking skills such that they can be understood for academic and social purposes including conversations, classroom discussions and oral presentations.
- Students will be able to listen to and understand the main ideas and significant relevant details in various listening contexts.
• Classes start any Monday year round.
• Long term, academic focus.
• Classes are 50 minutes each.
• Student visa required.
• University placement and High School Placement Available after completion of program.