Pathway Program in Boston
The Pathway Program in Boston School of English is designed for advanced-level students who want to prepare for entry to an American university, to pursue an academic career, or simply to improve their general academic English. It is also recommended for those with a high level of English who are seeking challenging coursework that includes current topics in several academic fields.
The Pathway Program is for students who seek conditional acceptance to a variety of institutions … not only universities, but also high schools. Our partner schools are among the finest in America, offering programs in virtually every discipline including science, medicine, liberal arts, aviation, culinary arts, music, and art. Boston is home to 63 colleges and universities, making it the world’s most highly concentrated venue for higher
The Intensive English program offers the foundation of the English language. The classes integrate reading, writing, listening, and speaking lessons in activities that improve the learners communicative skills and provide the continuing practice that will enhance the learners' ability to express themselves in English in a wide variety of situations. Students receive intensive classroom practice in real-life applications of the lessons.with the option of having 1 or 2 specialized classes.
Intensive English 24 ( 24 lessons per week/ 50 minute per lesson/ 20 hours).
Intensive English 26 ( 26 lessons per week/ 50 minute per lesson/ 22 hours).
The Super Intensive English Program is designed for professionals and serious academics who seek a highly effective English immersion program to enhance their professional credentials or to prepare for an academic career in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, or other English speaking countries. The classes integrate reading, writing, listening, and speaking lessons in activities that improve the learners communicative skills and provide the continuing practice that will enhance the learners' ability to express themselves in English in a wide variety of situations. Students receive intensive classroom practice in real-life applications of the lessons.with 2 specialized classes every day.
Super Intensive English 30 ( 30 lessons per week/ 50 minutes per lesson/ 25 hours)
Individualize Your Program
We offer our students a diverse list of specialized courses that are skill oriented:
Conversation, Speaking Drills, Pronunciation, TED, TOEFL and test Preparation, Verb Tenses, Chorus, Writing, Super Idioms, Drama, University Skills, Academic and Business Writing, Business Reading, Dictation, Grammar Review, and Prepositions to name a few.
- Students will critically read and analyze texts.
- Students will demonstrate basic competence in managing the writing process and producing effective written products including college essays and similar types of academic writing.
- Students will develop effective speaking skills such that they can be understood for academic and social purposes including conversations, classroom discussions and oral presentations.
- Students will be able to listen to and understand the main ideas and significant relevant details in various listening contexts.
- Classes start on any Monday year round.
- Long term, academic focus.
- Classes are 50 minutes each.
- Student visa required.
- University placement and High School Placement Available after completion of program.
University and College Partners
Bunker Hill Community College
Bay State College
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology
Johnson and Wales, Providence R.I.
University of Southern New Hampshire
University of Western Kentucky
Bridgewater State University
University of Massachusetts, Boston
University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
University of Massachusetts, Lowell
High School Partners
Catholic Memorial School
Institution transfer requirements:
- High school transcript in English.
- Copy of Diploma.
- Passport of student.
- Complete minimum Level 321 at Boston School of Modern Languages.
- Transfer automatically without TOEFL.
- BSML's Acceptance letter.
How to Apply to our Pathway Program in Boston
Applying to our Pathway Program in Boston is really easy:
- Complete the application form (online or PDF) and pay the enrollment fees: $250 application fee, $150 housing fee, $90 express mail fee, deposit $500.
- Send a copy of your passport, bank statements of the person responsible for payment, affidavit of support filled out by the person responsible for payment and a copy of your transcripts in English.
- Select your university and degree
- Once we have received all the documents and enrollment fees payment, we’ll send you your I-20, along with an acceptance letter and a conditional acceptance letter from the university.
We’ll take care of all the paperwork and applying to the university of your choice so you on’t have to!