Part time English course
All students in our Part time English course take our core fundamental skills needed to achieve proficiency in English: reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
The Semi-Intensive English curriculum at The Boston School of English is designed for those who seek a highly effective English immersion program to master the language for personal enrichment, career enhancement or university study in the U.S. This program offers the foundation of the English language. The classes integrate reading, writing, listening, and speaking lessons in activities that improve the learners communicative skills and provide the continuing practice that will enhance the learners' ability to express themselves in English in a wide variety of situations.
Semi-Intensive English 20 ( 20 lessons per week/ 50 minutes per lesson/ 17 hours).
- Students will critically read and analyze texts.
- Students will demonstrate basic competence in managing the writing process and producing effective written products including college essays and similar types of academic writing.
- Students will develop effective speaking skills such that they can be understood for academic and social purposes including conversations, classroom discussions and oral presentations.
- Students will be able to listen to and understand the main ideas and significant relevant details in various listening contexts.
• Classes start any Monday year round
• Available for all English levels: Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced
• Classes are 50 minutes each
• General Track concentration
• Student visa not required